House St. Clair: Mom's Brilliant Idea

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mom's Brilliant Idea

So on Sunday, after the 6 1/2 inches of snow earlier in the week, Mom and I went to Kroger. On our way, I told her about the low humidity in the house--something that hadn't happened last year. We were hovering right around 25%, our sinuses were screaming, and the amount of static in the house was truly terrifying (to the cats.)

I thought it was weird because I have hot water heat, and usually that takes care of the humidity. But not this time. So Mom had a great idea to up the humidity a bit by putting teapots full of water on the radiators; they will warm up and evaporate, and voila! More humidity.

I just happened to have enough metal teapots for most of the radiators, too. (That way if the cats happen to knock them down, they won't break.) And so far so good; we're hovering at 40% at the moment. Of course the humidity is higher outside too, but still. I think it didn't hurt to put the teapots on the radiator anyway. :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Interesting because I was having the same problem! I would wake up completely dry like someone sucks all the moisture out of my skin. So Rick's boss suggested putting pots of water on my radiator. I did it for a few nights, but then resorted to buying a humidifier for my room.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home