House St. Clair: Rain!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rain!

So far, since last night, we've gotten 3.4 inches of rain. I think we'll hit 4 inches pretty soon here--it's been pouring all day. Who ordered the flood?

My neighbor's house is right beside a culvert that likes to overflow into her basement, and it was a rushing river when I got home today. I also had a rushing river out front along the sidewalk, complete with rapids--it was three inches deep in places. Luckily, my garden just soaks up all that nice water. And the water washed away all the grass I left on the sidewalk after I mowed. Nice!

Not so nice was the fact that the wind blew water all the way under the front porch (okay, not to the wall, but close) so the outside cats' food got a bit wet. One enterprising slug was slurping away at the wet food when I walked outside to dump the bowls. Most of the stuff on the porch is still dry, but the porch swing is soaked--something that had never happened before!

Thank goodness I remembered to close the windows before I left this morning. I had to drive to Columbus (normally a 2 hour drive) in a torrential downpour. Not what I would call fun. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home