House St. Clair: Can anyone identify this flower?

Monday, June 12, 2006

Can anyone identify this flower?

I found this growing in my little patch of 'woods' out back. It is a vine without viney tendrils, if that makes sense. I took the second picture to get a good view of the leaves. I haven't had any luck looking in my plant books as of yet, but I'm going to break out the Big Book in a minute here. Anyone?

They are really small flowers, about as long as my thumbnail, perhaps. The plant itself is probably close to 3ft. tall. Whatever it is, it's lovely, but I would really like to know its name!

EDIT: I should have known this, but in my defense, I've only really seen Nightshade once. This is Climbing Nightshade, less poisonous than Deadly Nightshade, but still poisonous. I still like the flowers!

1 Comments:

Blogger eve513 said...

I have this in my yard as well. I have researched it and I believe it is a nuisance plant called Nightshade. As pretty as it is, it should be cut down immediately, whenever you see them spring up and especially before the large seed pack bursts open everywhere!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home