House St. Clair: More pics

Saturday, May 20, 2006

More pics

The pink tile in the picture below (the previous post) was paired with a not-so-lovely poop brown. Why anyone would want a pink and brown streaked floor is beyond me!

I did continue--it actually comes up quite easily about 85% of the time.

The brown stuff is most definitely glue, but it's not sticky. I'm going to try a couple of things to see if I can get it off once I'm done.

This is the opposite side from where I started--that white strip over by the door is cemented on with glue. Ugh! Someone got a little overenthusiastic with the glue right there.

The picture above is the doorway between the dining room and the entry room. I am starting to think that this floor might be original (?) because the hardwood floor is actually slightly higher than the tile/whatever floor. And I would think that if it had been hardwood, there would be too much of a different in heighths there. But I am no expert.

At the moment, though, I am taking a break because my knees hurt, my wrists hurt, and I need to take a shower, get dressed, and drive to my parents' house to take care of their plants and animals. But I'm figuring I might try to get at least halfway done by the time I go to bed. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

At the risk of sounding Mom-like- "I hope you are wearing knee pads." :) They help alot with these kinds of jobs.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

No, I wasn't, but I did end up kneeling on an old pillow. Which made it much easier to slide across the floor as I went. And it did help a lot! :)

If I had kneepads, though, I would have worn them. Believe me!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home