House St. Clair: Blisters and Blood

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blisters and Blood

I'm fairly sure I will have blisters on my fingers by the time I go to bed tonight. At the moment, I am using a razor blade to scrape the wallpaper, and while it's going quite well, it's a bit hard on my fingers. (Not to mention that I broke a juice glass this morning and sliced my pinkie quite badly. Ouch!)

But hey, that goes with the territory, no?

I realize there are specific tools for wallpaper removal. I went to our local store (not hardware store--we don't really have one. We have two lumberyards that carry hardware supplies. The one right down the street is never open when I need to go there, and the other one isn't open on Sundays) to see if they had anything, but they only had paint scrapers. I did buy one, just to see if it would work any better than the butter knife, but it didn't work very well at all, even after I tried my best to sharpen the blade.

Ah well.

My house-related goal for the weekend (ends Monday night) is to have the one wall finished so I can put the bookcases back. My office is a mess because of all this rearranging, and I have a coat rack in the middle of my room that I'd rather have somewhere else. After having everything nicely organized for a while now, clutter gets on my nerves fast!

I keep reminding myself that my fingers used to look like this all the time when I did polymer clay regularly and used the very same razor blades to cut the canes of clay. But I still don't remember any blisters.

(However silly it sounds, I think I need to get some of those soft thimbles to wear while I'm working. Hmm. You would think in the piles of sewing stuff I possess that I would already have some of these, but I don't think I do. I will have to check in the Secret Sewing Junk Drawer, though, just in case.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home