House St. Clair: Progress in the kitchen

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Progress in the kitchen


I started painting the kitchen last May. I have no real excuse why I didn't finish painting it. I got involved with outdoor stuff, and it just never got done.

I wanted the old, decrepit gas heater out of the way before I painted this wall, but since that doesn't look like it will be happening soon (I need Dad's help) I painted around it. As the POs did, too.

I, um, also painted around the fridge. Because I can't seem to move it by myself and everyone else is in vacation in Florida until Saturday. But luckily I have plenty of paint for that leftover.

Now I get to attempt to hang the wallpaper above the cabinets. It will be the only place in my house that has wallpaper. (Well, not now, of course. But eventually.)

It is vintage wallpaper, and I matched the blue in the wallpaper with the paint I chose. It should look quite nice, but I have to hang it first. Have I mentioned I have never hung wallpaper in my life? So we'll see how things go.

Here are three of my lovely helpers. Mabel's job was to make sure the cats didn't end up blue. The cats' job, apparently, was to watch the brush move up and down on the wall with wide, interested eyes.

I have seen no footprints, so I guess Mabel did a good job. :)

(These are only two of the five cats, by the way. And note the lovely floor. You can't really see it in the picture, but it's in sad shape.

This is the gratuitous kitchen table shot, where you can see exactly where I piled everything that I took off the shelves, the top of the heater, and the wall.

I am glad everyone is on vacation, because there would be no way we could eat on this table like this. It's bad enough that I had to eat breakfast and lunch beside a can of paint. :)






Miss Mabel is pooped. She worked so hard painting the kitchen. Haha.

She doesn't know it yet, but later I get to clip her nails, which have grown rather long. (She hates that!)

And now, onto the wallpaper. I will post pics if it turns out. I'm not promising disaster pictures, though, but we'll see. (I tend to forget the camera while working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home