House St. Clair: Wallpaper up! (Well, some of it anyway.)

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wallpaper up! (Well, some of it anyway.)


I learned how to put up wallpaper from Bob the Builder. No, really. There's this episode where he's putting up wallpaper and he puts the glue on the wallpaper first. Up until that second, I had always assumed that you'd put the glue on the wall, because doesn't that make more sense? I can't imagine trying to wrestle a sticky wall-sized sheet of wallpaper, and then trying to line it up correctly. It would make so much more sense to put the glue on the wall first.

Needless to say, I'm not done yet. Since I'm using ancient wallpaper, I decided to wait after three panels to see if it was going to disentegrate on me. I would have been very mad if I had done the whole border and then wake up in the morning to find it all over my kitchen floor.

Here is a close-up of the pattern. It's actually very pretty, and the brown is actually gold accents.

I don't know how old it is, and I can't read the maker's name on the other side. It's blurred. But I like it, and it only cost me fifty cents for a roll at Goodwill. :)

Although I can't imagine an entire room done in this at all. *shudder*

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. P in Jackson said...

I think that wallpaper is really pretty. The colors are great!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks! It's going to take some getting used to, since I'm used to the fugly white with yellow flowers, but I think it will look nice when I'm done. :)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home