House St. Clair: House Dreams

Monday, February 26, 2007

House Dreams

Last night, in between my dream that will end up a YA novel if I have my way, I had a dream about my house. I was steaming wallpaper off one of the walls upstairs, when I came across some words scratched into the plaster. Unfortunately, in the light of morning I can't remember the names and dates, but I do remember that according to the writing on the wall, my house was a lot older than we had suspected. Like, Civil War instead of turn of the century. Like, one of the articles was about how Grant (That's Ulysses) had spent the night in my house. (He lived in my town when he was a child, so that's not impossible in the dreamworld, I guess.)

Also on the wall were newspaper clippings that someone had decoupaged under the layers of wallpaper. They all concerned my house, or, rather, the house I thought it was in the dream. (I'm pretty sure my house was never a carnival attraction, for example, but I guess you never know.) And as I read them, or skimmed them, of course I found myself drifting back through time until I was in the past.

I'm pretty sure my house never had a dome on top of it, too, so it wasn't really my house that I was dreaming about. But even though the details aren't cooperating and letting me remember them, it was an interesting dream.

I'm going to blame it on my missing closet. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home